GA-ASI is developing a variant of the Predator® B Remotely Piloted Aircraft (RPA) which will initially meet NATO standards (STANAG-4671) in 2017, and in cooperation with the FAA will subsequently meet domestic airworthiness certification standards. It leverages both the Predator B RPA and Advanced Cockpit Ground Control Station (GCS) as points of departure systems and identifies and incorporates the changes needed to achieve a "Type-Certifiable" Predator B system.
Both hardware and software upgrades will be made, such as improved Predator B structural fatigue and damage tolerance and more robust flight control software, as well as enhancements allowing operations in adverse weather including icing conditions. Additionally, the aircraft will be designed to survive bird and lightning strikes.
SkyGuardian is highly modular and is easily configured with a variety of payloads to meet mission requirements. The aircraft is capable of carrying multiple mission payloads and includes a state-of-the art Detect and Avoid (DAA) system including space, weight, and power provisions to enable the retrofitting of an airborne Due Regard Radar (DRR) for operation in non-cooperative airspace.
|Max Altitude||>40,000 ft MSL|
|Max Endurance||40 hr|
|Max Airspeed||210 KTAS|
- Raytheon MTS-B EO/IR
- GA-ASI Lynx Multi-mode Radar and/or 360° maritime surveillance radar
- Precision guided munitions
- VHF/UHF certified radios
- DO-178 and DO-254 design assurance for software and avionics
- De-ice/Anti-ice system
- Sense and Avoid (TCAS/ADS-B/IFF – with provisions for Due Regard Radar)
- STANAG 4671 compliant type certifiable design
- 40,000 hour design service life
- All weather capable
- Damage tolerant airframe
- Lightning protection
- Automatic takeoff and land
- Fire protected engine bay
- Other customer specific payloads
SeaGuardian™ Mission Kit: (Optional)
- Multimode Maritime Surface Search Radar
- Automatic Information System